App could not be opened because the SAPUI5 component of the application could not be loaded
Many times while opening any SAP FIORI app, we get an error stating “App could not be opened because the SAPUI5 component of the application could not be loaded“. This SAPUI5 component could not be loaded issue is very annoying as it is a very generic issue and at the backend, it can be waiting on anything. So let’s check out how to address this.
SAPUI5 Component is the primary component of the SAP FIORI application. Applications are embedded into the SAP Fiori launchpad as self-contained SAPUI5 components using DOM injection. The application container identifies the application using the name of the SAPUI5 component.
If you need to check the version of the SAPUI5 in your system, you can follow the steps in our previous blog.
While opening the FIORI tile, you may get an error screen as above. This issue is mainly related to the services and authorizations for the corresponding FIORI application. So to solve this issue,
- Visit FIORI Reference Library and reverify the configuration steps for your app. This will ensure that all required services are active and corresponding roles are assigned to the user accessing that FIORI app.
- Clear your browser cache and then retry to access the application.
- If you still face the same issue, then look for more details like the specific intent from the error log. In our example, it’s “PurchaseRequisition-manage”.
- Open t-code “/n/ui2/flia“
- Input the reported intent value to the field Intent, e.g. PurchaseRequisition-manage
- Execute. It will take some time to show results.
- The result will show what PFCG role is required for this navigation.
- Assign required roles to end users.
Also ReadSAPUI5 Version Check
The above steps are likely to solve the issue which you are facing with your FIORI app. If there are multiple apps with the same issue, follow the same procedure for each one of them. In addition to this, if this issue is occurring after recent FIORI task list execution after upgrade or refresh activity, then its very likely that in the current system, not all services were activated via the previous task list run. Hence you can rerun the FIORI application activation tasklist (SAP_FIORI_FCM_CONTENT_ACTIVATION) so that it will take care of the activation of all apps. Make sure to check the log via STC02 and reverify the service activation in it.
That’s it for today’s post. See you at the next one, till that, Stay Healthy, Stay Safe, Jai Hind!
- SAP Note 3211967
- SAP Note 3151161