Issue with TMS RFCs while working with Solution Manager CHARM
Many times RFC issue are faced while working with Solution Manager CHARM. Normally we intend to manually correct RFCs so that CHARM flow start working again. But its of no use as next times TMS distribution happens, RFCs will get again updated automatically.
Reason for this is as follows
- Solution Manager system and satellite system are connected with Inter Domain Link
- Solution Manager get details about satellite systems TMS via this Domain Link
- When first time domain link connection get created, all TMS related details including system details (Communication details) are get updated in Solution Manager
- This is the image of satellite system TMS which solution manager will retain with it
Hence if you are facing RFC communication issue, please check satellite system details in Solution manager first.
- Solution Manager -> STMS -> System Overview -> Double click on system with RFC connection issue
- Go to Communication tab, here we can see satellite system hostname, instance number etc
- Also here we have button to check RFC connection
- Make sure you have correct details here, if not, then do required changes in satellite system TMS and then distribute the changes
- This will automatically correct the TMS RFCs with changes made in satellite system
So next time if you face issue with TMS RFCs with CHARM, check satellite system TMS first instead of doing manual changes.